Eat Better. Learn Better.
Whether eaten at home or school, eggs provide important nutrients for children, such as high‑quality protein to support muscles and choline for brain health. Studies show that kids who eat breakfast have fewer absences in schools, improved test grades and fewer behavioral and disciplinary issues.
Get a Jump Start on Your Day!
Breakfast tends to be the most nutrient-packed meal of the day. The protein power in eggs, in combination with a well-balanced breakfast, can help keep kids satisfied and fueled throughout the entire school day.
- Breakfast boosts brainpower! Eggs earn extra credit for the nutrients choline and lutein, which have been shown to play a role in brain health and cognition. Given that 90% of Americans don’t get enough choline, eggs should move to the front of the class!
- The antioxidants lutein & zeaxanthin are important for eye health and help protect children’s eyes from harmful blue light from monitors and screens.
- Not all breakfasts are created equal! Choose a quality breakfast rich in protein, whole grains and healthy fats that will give your kids the energy they need to learn and stay active.
Eggs aren’t just for breakfast. They are a nutrient-rich, all-natural protein source that can be eaten any time of day. All-Day Breakfast is becoming a popular trend with kids at home and at school. Whether topping a salad or a bowl of ramen or tucked inside a sandwich or burrito, the taste and familiarity of eggs appeal to kids of all ages.
- Grab n’ Go offerings—Eggs paired with fruit, veggies and whole grains provide kids with a quick and nutritious lunch to stay alert all afternoon!
- The all-natural appeal of eggs satisfies many diets with a familiar, convenient meat alternate, especially for vegetarian or gluten-free.
- Whether your kids prefer their eggs scrambled, hard-boiled or on a salad, they appeal to the pickiest of eaters. When it comes to kids, flavor and taste usually wins!
Stay Energized with SNACKS!
Eggs are the MVP (most valuable protein) for active kids on the go. They are a portable protein providing kids with the energy they need to power through their after-school activities. For student athletes, eggs help build, maintain and repair muscle. Since snacking at home isn’t always an option before a practice, game or extracurricular activity — Smart Snacks supply kids with nutritious, portable and quick meals.
- More than a quarter of kids’ daily calories may come from snacks, so offer healthy snacks.
- As nature’s original form of portion control, eggs as an after-school snack won’t weigh you down before a game or spoil your supper!
- Eggs are a high-quality protein and contain all of the essential amino acids that can help build, maintain and repair muscle.