Tomato and Black Olive Tart
William Scott Dryer
- 20 black olives, pitted
- 4 OZ ripe Brie cheese
- 8 entire plum tomatoes
- 2 TBSP fresh herbs, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 entire puff pastry (13-ounce)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Line an 11 by 7-inch loose-based rectangular flan tin, trimming off any overhanging edges.
- Cover the pastry with grease-proof paper and baking beans or weights, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the grease-proof paper and baking beans, bake for another 15 minutes until the base is crisp.
- Mix together eggs, milk, seasoning and herbs. Slice tomatoes, cube cheese, and slice olives. Place the prepared flan tin on a baking tray, arrange tomatoes, cheese and olives in the bottom of the pan; pour in the egg mixture. Bake 40 minutes until just firm and turning golden. Slice hot or cool in the tin; serve.
505 calories, 35g fat, 11g saturated fat, 230mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 17g protein