Sweet Potato “Toast” with Poached Eggs
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 EGGS
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- SLICE sweet potato into 1/4-inch thick slices. PAT dry.
- TOAST slices in toaster oven or in toaster for about 10 minutes, repeating the toasting process if necessary, until golden and potato is tender.
- GUACAMOLE: MASH together avocados, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. STIR in red onion, jalapeño and cilantro.
- MEANWHILE, in saucepan set over medium heat, POUR in enough water to come three inches up the side; ADD vinegar and BRING to simmer over medium-high heat.
- CRACK eggs into small dish; SLIDE, one at a time, into simmering water. COOK for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. REMOVE with slotted spoon; blot on paper towels.
- TOP sweet potato toasts with guacamole and alfalfa sprouts. TOP with poached eggs. SPRINKLE with salt and pepper.
Insider Info: This breakfast is naturally gluten- and dairy-free. Serve with Sriracha.