Summer Citrus Surprise
- 15 pineapple tidbits
- 3/4 butter or margarine, melted
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 TSP lemon rind, grated
- 1 pint lime sherbet
- 11 mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 1/2 vanilla wafers, crushed
- CRUST: Combine vanilla wafers and melted butter. Press mixture in a 9-inch pie tin; freeze.
- FILLING: Combine butter, sugar, lemon juice, rind and eggs in heavy saucepan. Cook over low to medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Cool by pouring mixture into a bowl surrounded by ice water. Continue to stir for several minutes to cool evenly. Pour into prepared shell and freeze. Combine sherbet and fruit, spread over lemon filling. Freeze and serve.
804 calories, 47g fat, 27g saturated fat, 314mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium,93g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 9g protein