Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa and Eggs
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. HEAT oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- COOK onion, eggplant, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes or until eggplant starts to soften.
- STIR in tomato paste and COOK for 1 minute. STIR in tomatoes; COOK for about 5 minutes or until eggplant and tomatoes are tender.
- REMOVE from heat and STIR in quinoa and half of the parsley.
- SPOON quinoa and vegetable mixture evenly into red pepper halves. ARRANGE in greased baking dish.
- COVER with foil. BAKE for about 20 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp. REMOVE foil.
- CRACK egg into each stuffed pepper
- SPRINKLE with feta.
- BAKE, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until peppers are tender and eggs whites are set or until desired doneness.
- SPRINKLE with remaining parsley.
Insider Info: Use smoked sweet paprika, if desired, instead of paprika. Substitute brown rice, farro or barley for quinoa.