Spicy Cauliflower Burgers
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup pepper jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine quinoa with water and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add in cauliflower, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly tender.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, cauliflower, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs and salt. Form into 12 patties.
- On a grill, or in a nonstick pan over medium heat, cook the burgers until golden brown on each side, flipping carefully - about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve on whole-wheat buns with toppings of choice.
*Toppings (optional): purple cabbage, cilantro, Bolthouse Farms salsa ranch salad dressing, whole-wheat buns.
Per serving (1 burger; not including bun or toppings): 127 calories, 6 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 280 mg sodium, 14 g total carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 5 g protein