Puffy Corn Pudding
- as desired Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 6 Eggs (large)
- 1 cup Fat free half and half
- 3 cups Whole kernel corn (canned, drained; OR frozen, thawed)
- 15 ounces Cream style corn (1 can)
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. SPRAY a 3-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside.
- COMBINE butter, flour and sugar. BEAT in eggs and half and half until blended. STIR in corn and cream style corn.
- POUR mixture into prepared casserole.
- BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Eggs coagulate during heating and help give the baked pudding its creamy thick texture.
- Add a special touch by sprinkling the top of the pudding with buttered bread or cracker crumbs during the last 15 minutes of baking
331 calories; 17g fat; 9g saturated fat; 170mg cholesterol; 274mg sodium; 37g carbohydrate; 2g fiber; 8g protein