Pear Feather Pillow
- 1 loaf Challah bread, cubed
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 cup fresh pears, peeled and diced
- 2/3 almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 4 1/2 TBSP cinnamon sugar (1 part cinnamon to 2 parts sugar)
- 4 cups nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup sea salt
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 by 13 - inch baking pan. Place half the bread cubes on the bottom of pan. Cover the bread layer with pears and sliced almonds. Sprinkle pear layers with almond flour.
- Layer remaining bread cubes over the pears to form the feather pillow. Dust the pillow with 4 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour the egg mixture over the pillow. Let dish stand about 15 minutes. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and let the feather pillow cook for another 15 minutes until lightly browned. Cut into 9 pieces. Dust with confectioner's sugar.
303 calories, 13g fat, 2g saturated fat, 143mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 14g protein