- dash of salt and pepper (if desired)
- 2 eggs
- 1 TSP butter or cooking oil OR cooking spray
- vegetables, meats, cheeses, etc. for filling
- In small bowl, beat together eggs, water, salt and pepper, if desired, until blended. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- With inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portion at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach hot pan surface. Tilt pan and move cooked portions as necessary.
- When top is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, fill with 1/3 cup filling ingredients. With pancake turner, fold omelet in half.
- Invert onto plate with a quick flip of the wrist or slide from pan onto plate.
176 calories, 14g fat, 5g saturated fat, 433mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 13g