Most Un-Eggspected Salad
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 pounds pre-cooked bacon
- 1 pesto bread (round loaf)
- Cut top off the round pesto loaf. Make a bread bowl, leaving about 1/2 inch wall of bread.
- Toast bread top lightly; set aside to cool. Cut toasted bread into cubes. Dice hard-cooked eggs and tomatoes. Heat bacon in microwave until crisp according to package Directions:. Chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, tomatoes, basil, eggs, cucumber, and bacon. Add salad dressing; toss lightly to mix.
- Just before serving, transfer salad to the hollowed pesto loaf.
- Garnish as desired with any of the following: hard-cooked eggs, tomatoes, cucumber slices, or basil leaves.
243 calories, 13g fat, 3g saturated fat, 222mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 12g