Golden Curry Egg Braid
- Swiss cheese, shredded and divided
- refrigerated crescent rolls
- asparagus spears, cooked
- 5 OZ crabmeat
- 8 eggs, divided
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP water
- 4 TBSP butter or margarine, divided
- 1 TSP ground curry powder
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine then stir in flour, curry powder, and salt. Add milk and hot pepper sauce. Stir over medium heat until smooth and thickened. Add half of the Swiss cheese; set aside.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll crescent rolls and pat into a 10 by 15 - inch rectangle, sealing perforations. Lay asparagus down center of dough lengthwise.
- In a 10 - inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Beat 7 eggs. Add to skillet and scramble over medium heat until set. Add 1/2 cup of the curry sauce and remaining cheese; cooking until thickened but still moist. Fold in crabmeat.
- Spread egg mixture over the asparagus in the center of dough. Make cuts in side of dough just short of filling at 1 - inch intervals. Fold strips diagonally over filling, overlapping to form braid. Brush top with egg wash made of 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices and serve with curry sauce.
571 calories, 31g fat, 15g saturated fat, 493mg cholesterol, 1332mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 34g protein