- powdered sugar for dusting
- 6 entire English muffins, sliced
- 2 TBSP water
- 1/8 TSP nutmeg
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 TSP cornstarch
- 1/2 TSP orange peel, grated
- 1 pint fresh berries, pureed
- 4 eggs
- Beat eggs with water and nutmeg. Dip muffins in egg mixture. Heat butter in skillet. Place muffin halves in skillet, brown both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer muffins to serving platter, keep warm.
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE: In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, orange peel and berries. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened and clear. Serve warm over muffins that have been dusted with powdered sugar.
300 calories, 8g fat, 4g saturated fat, 151mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 10g protein