English Mustard Salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1/3 cup of vinegar
- 3 red apples, washed, diced, and dipped in orange juice
- 1/3 cups of salted peanuts
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 entire eggs, well beaten
- 2 TBSP dry English mustard
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- Arrange salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
- Drizzle salad with half of the warm mustard dressing.
- Serve extra dressing on the side.
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Place beaten eggs in heavy saucepan. Add dry mustard, sugar and salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of evaporated milk and vinegar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture has thickened or just until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat; whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of milk.
- Serve warm over salad.
Note: Refrigerated mustard dressing will stay fresh for up to 10 days.
329 calories, 13g fat, 4g saturated fat, 189mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 12g protein