Egg, Chicken and Almond Skillet
- 1/8 TSP pepper
- 3/4 CUP almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 14 OZ canned chicken, chopped
- 2 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 TSP chili powder
- 3/4 CUP half and half cream
- 1 entire chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 CUP white wine
- 8 entire eggs
- Place butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the almonds and onion; saute until the onion turns a light golden brown. Stir in chopped chicken. Add Tabasco sauce, chili powder, cream, bouillon cube, water and wine. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the liquid has almost completely evaporated.
- Whisk eggs until well blended. Stir beaten eggs into chicken-almond mixture. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the eggs are set and slightly glossy. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve hot.
386 calories, 30g fat, 12g saturated fat, 275mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 23g protein