Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 1 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 package Spinach, frozen, chopped (10-oz pkg.)
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tomato, thinly sliced
- PREHEAT oven to 350° Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- HEAT oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- COMBINE eggs, cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Spread in prepared pie pan. Top with tomato slices, if using.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6 slices.
Insider Tip: Use 3 cups shredded muenster cheese in place of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Tip: Double recipe and bake in a 13 x 9-inch pan. Baking time should be about the same.
286 kcal 22 g protein 6 g carbohydrates 20 g fat 229 mg cholesterol 2 g dietary fiber 2 g total sugar 561 mg sodium