Chocolate Souffles with White Chocolate Sauce
- 1/2 orange for orange rind, grated
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter
- 4 OZ semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 CUP sugar
- 1 1/2 TBSP cornstarch
- garnish powdered sugar (if desired)
- 6 TBSP white chocolate, chopped
- whipping cream
- 1-2 TBSP orange liqueur
- 2 eggs
- egg yolks
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate together. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and yolks together. Add the melted butter - chocolate mixture to the sugar mixture; whisk thoroughly. Stir in eggs; whisk until smooth. Grease 4 ramekins with cooking spray. Fill ramekins two - thirds full with mixture; chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake on the top oven rack for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- FOR THE WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE: In a saucepan over low heat, combine chopped white chocolate and cream. Stir mixture constantly until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in the liqueur and orange rind; set aside.
- Dust souffles with powdered sugar and poke one small hole in the center of each souffle. Pour white chocolate sauce into hole. Serve immediately.
646 calories, 45g fat, 27g saturated fat, 291mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 8g protein