Chocolate Pecan Orange Torte
- 8 oz whipped topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 pecans, chopped and divided
- 2 TSP orange peel, grated
- 3/4 sugar, divided
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs, divided
- 6 eggs, separated
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease bottom of 9 - inch spring form pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons chocolate cookie crumbs over bottom of pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs, orange peel, 3/4 cup pecans and chocolate chips. Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn off heat; let dish cool in oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes. Loosen torte from side of pan using a knife; remove side of pan. With a spatula, loosen torte from pan and transfer to a serving dish.
- Spread a layer of whipped topping on top of the torte. Sprinkle additional cookie crumbs and orange zest over whipped topping.
327 calories, 19g fat, 7g saturated fat, 141mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 7g protein