Broccoli and Cheese Frittata
- 8 Eggs
- 3 cups Chopped Broccoli
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 3/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoons Chopped Green Onion
- PREHEAT oven to 350?. COMBINE broccoli and water in 10-inch, oven-proof nonstick skillet. COOK over medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. DRAIN well.
- BEAT eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper in large bowl until blended. ADD broccoli mixture, cheese and green onion; MIX well.
- COAT same skillet with cooking spray and HEAT over medium heat until hot. POUR egg mixture into skillet and COOK over low to medium heat until edges are set, about 5 minutes.
- REMOVE from burner and TRANSFER to oven. BAKE until eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, about 10 minutes. REMOVE from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. CUT into wedges and SERVE.
Insider Tip: For an impressive presentation, invert frittata onto a plate to show it’s nicely browned bottom. For a quick dinner, add slices of chopped ham or chicken.
Calories: 268 Total fat: 17 g Saturated fat: 7 g Polyunsaturated fat: 2 g Monounsaturated fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 395 mg Sodium: 927 mg Carbohydrates: 8 g Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 3 g Protein: 20 g Vitamin A: 363 mcg Vitamin D: 2 mcg Folate: 98 mcg Choline: 314 mg Calcium: 262 mg Iron: 2 mg Potassium: 428 mg This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin A, folate and choline.