Breakfast Panini with Roasted Red Pepper Spread
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 TSP fresh garlic, minced
- 2/3 cups roasted red peppers from jar, drained
- cooking spray
- cayenne pepper
- fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 TSP balsamic vinegar
- 6 entire eggs
- 1 cup of low-fat milk or water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and packed
- 1/2 cups low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2-3 strips of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- pinch of Mrs. Dash seasoning blend (optional)
- 1/3 cup low-fat cream cheese
FOR THE SPREAD:
- Add roasted red pepper spread ingredients to a small food processor.
- Pulse until completely blended. Spread butter on one side of each roll; spread the other side of each sandwich with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the roasted red pepper spread.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs and water or milk.
- Beat mixture until well blended.
- Grease a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach leaves and cook, stirring often, for about one minute.
- Add pinch of Mrs. Dash seasoning blend if desired. Add egg mixture to spinach leaves in skillet.
- Gently cook until eggs are set. Remove skillet from heat, sprinkle cheese over the top of the egg mixture and turkey bacon bits over the top of the egg mixture.
- Remove half of egg mixture; spread on roll or bread slice. Top with remaining bread half.
- Toast both sides of sandwich on a panini press.
- The spread makes about 1 cup, leaving plenty to use for extra sandwich spread or vegetable dip.
490 calories, 27g fat, 13g saturated fat, 465mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 27g protein