Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon Dressing and Poached Eggs
Submitted by: Make the Best of Everything - www.makethebestofeverything.com
Serving Size: 4
|10 ounces||fresh spinach|
|1/2 cup||grape tomatoes|
|1/3 cup||carrots, chopped|
|1 as desired||asparagus, bunch|
|2 ounces||goat cheese|
|4-5 as desired||eggs, poached|
|1/2 cup||apple cider vinegar|
|1 teaspoon||dijon mustard|
- Arrange spinach in a bowl, or a platter. Add tomatoes, carrots and goat cheese.
- Steam asparagus. Cut asparagus into pieces and arrange them on the salad.
- Cook all four pieces of bacon. Crumble two pieces on the salad. Save the bacon grease and 2 slices of bacon for the dressing.
- Poach eggs.
- Make bacon dressing.
- Add bacon, poached eggs and warm bacon dressing to the salad. Top the eggs with a little pepper and serve.
- In the pan that has the leftover bacon grease, add chopped onion and caramelize.
- Add sugar, two slices of crumbled bacon, cider vinegar, dijon mustard, water and cornstarch.
- Heat until the dressing is nicely blended and drizzle on the salad still warm.
- Crack eggs into individual bowls or saucers.
- Bring a pan of water to a simmer.
- Tip eggs into the pan individually.
- Cook for two minutes. Remove from heat.
- Leave in the pan for another 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve.