Toffee Pumpkin Tart
Serving Size: 8
Nutritional Information: per serving: 586 cal., 31 g fat (16 g sat. fat), 72 g carbo., 106 mg chol., 5 g pro., 3 g fiber, 307 mg sodium. Daily RDA values: 70% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 8% calcium, 6% iron.
|1 crust||1/2 15 oz pkg rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust|
|1 cups||whipping cream|
|1 cups||coarsely chopped chocolate-covered toffee bars|
|1 1/4 cups||half and half or light cream|
|1 teaspoons||vanilla extract|
|2||eggs, slightly beaten|
|1/2 teaspoons||ground nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoons||ground ginger|
|1 teaspoons||ground cinnamon|
|1 tablespoons||all purpose flour|
|1/2 teaspoons||vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Let pie crust stand at room temperature according to package directions. Unroll pie crust. Ease into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Do not prick shell. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 minutes more. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- For pumpkin filling, in a large bowl stir together pumpkin, sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add eggs and vanilla. Gradually stir in half-and-half.
- Carefully spoon pumpkin mixture into hot baked pastry shell. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle toffee over tart. Cut into wedges and serve topped with Sweetened Whipped Cream.
- Sweetened Whipped Cream: In a chilled medium bowl combine 1 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat with the chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).