Serving Size: 12
|3 cups||All-purpose flour|
|3 cups||White sugar|
|1 1/2 cups||Margarine|
|1 1/2 cups||Water|
|4 1/2 tablespoons||Unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|3 tablespoons||Unsweetened cocoa powder|
|4 cups||Confectioner's sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 X 18-inch jelly roll pan.
- Sift flour, white sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups margarine, water and 4 1/2 tablespoons cocoa together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour margarine mixture over flour mixture; stir to combine.
- Beat buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; add to margarine mixture and stir until batter is combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Heat 1/2 cup margarine, milk and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder together in a small saucepan over low heat until margarine melts and mixture is combined; remove from heat. Beat confectioners' sugar into margarine mixture until frosting is smooth and creamy. Spread frosting over cooled brownies and cut into squares.
- Bake 20 minutes.