Stuffed French Toast
|2 cups||strawberries, fresh or frozen, sliced|
|3 ounces||low fat cream cheese|
|1/2 cups||low fat strawberry yogurt|
|1 1/2 teaspoons||vanilla, divided|
|8 slices||whole wheat bread|
|1/2 cups||skim milk|
- In medium bowl, stir together strawberries and sugar. Set aside.
- In food processor, blend cream cheese, strawberry yogurt, and ½ tsp. vanilla, until smooth.
- Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixtures between 2 slices of bread. Repeat for remaining bread.
- Beat together eggs, milk and remaining vanilla until well blended. Coat filled bread slices in egg mixture.
- Warm skillet over medium heat or griddle (350 degrees F for electric griddle). Place bread in pan and cook on each side until lightly browned.
- Top each bread slice with 1 tbsp. of remaining cream cheese mixture and ¼ c. of reserved strawberries. sugar may be omitted if using frozen strawberries in syrup