Spicy Breakfast Ring
|6 slices||Bacon (cut in h alf crosswise)|
|1 tablespoons||Milk (for dough wash)|
|6||Eggs (slightly beaten)|
|1 1/2 tubes||Refrigerated crescent rolls (12 rolls total)|
|1 1/2 cups||Mexican cheese blend (divided)|
|1 cup||Breakfast sauasge (browned)|
|1 1/2 cups||Shredded potatoes (seasoned with salt and cayenne to taste)|
|4 ounces||Cilantro (fresh, chopped)|
|15 ounces||Cheesy dip (if desired)|
|as desired||Minced onion|
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In 10 inch skillet cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes or until cooked, but not crisp, turning once (it will cook more in the oven). Set bacon aside. Drain all except 2 tsp. of drippings from skillet.
- In medium bowl, beat with fork 1/3 cup milk, eggs, salt and pepper, and other seasonings as desired. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture heats, the eggs will begin to set. Gently push cooked portions to the outside edge of skillet. Avoid stirring constantly. As more egg sets, push it to the edge and place it on top of the already set egg mixture. Cook 5-6 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist.
- Unroll dough. Separate into 12 triangles. On parchment lined baking sheet, arrange triangles with shortest sides toward center, overlapping in a star shape, leaving 5 inch circle open in the center. Crescent dough points may hang over the edge of the baking sheet. Press overlapping dough edges at center to flatten. Place bacon on each of the triangles. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese onto widest part of dough. Add hash browns evenly among the triangles making a mounded circle. Evenly distribute the browned sausage over the hash browns. Spoon eggs over the sausage. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of cheese. Pull points of triangles over eggs and cheese, and tuck under dough at center to form a ring (filling will be visible). Carefully brush dough with remaining 1 Tbsp. milk and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. With broad spatula, carefully loosen ring from baking sheet and slide onto serving platter. Garnish with cilantro and serve with dip. May also garnish with chopping tomato, green onions, sour cream, or salsa if desired.