Spanish Omelet Eggs-traordinairio
Submitted by: Jack Darland, Jr.
Serving Size: 6/8
Nutritional Information: 390 calories, 27g fat, 12g saturated fat, 290mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 23g protein
|8 ounces||Chorizo (Mexican sausage)|
|2 cups||Frozen hash browns|
|1/2 cup||Jalapeño peppers (diced)|
|2 tablespoons||Heavy whipping cream|
|1 tablespoons||Chili powder|
|8 ounces||Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)|
|as desired||Fresh Cilantro|
|as desired||Sour cream|
- Using a large skillet with a lid, crumble and sauté chorizo over medium heat. Remove meat to paper towel. While meat is sautéing, seed and dice jalapeños (using gloves). Peel and dice onion.
- Toss together hash browns, jalapeños and onion. Cook until softened in hot skillet with chorizo grease. Sprinkle with cooked chorizo chunks and seasonings.
- Separate eggs. Whip egg whites until foamy, about 2 minutes on high.
- Mix egg yolks and cream until blended. Gently fold yolk mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of everything in a skillet. Cover and cook about 6-8 minutes more until vegetable mixture is browned on bottom.
- Add grated cheese and finish under a broiler.
- Garnish with chopped, fresh cilantro, diced tomato and a side of sour cream.