Sausage, Sweet Potato and Spinach Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 5/6
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|1||Large sweet potatoe (diced)|
|1/2 teaspoon||Fine sea salt|
|1 1/2 pounds||Breakfast sausage|
|1/2||Yellow onion (diced)|
|2 cups||Spinach (chopped)|
|1/2 teaspoon||Garlic powder|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x12 baking dish.
- Toss diced sweet potatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add breakfast sausage and yellow onion. Cook until no pink remains in meat.
- Place meat mixture in baking dish, add sweet potatoes and spinach then add eggs along with salt and garlic powder and mix until well combined.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until eggs are set in the middle.