Raspberry Cream-Filled Macarons
Serving Size: 36
|additional fresh raspberries|
|1/3 cups||dark chocolate chips|
|1/3 cups||powdered sugar|
|1 cups||whipping cream, divided|
|4 ounces||cream cheese, softened|
|1 1/2 cups||fresh raspberries|
|1/4 cups||granulated sugar|
|1 1/4 cups||very finely ground almonds|
|1/4 cups||unsweetened cocoa powder|
|2 2/3 cups||powdered sugar|
|additional powdered sugar|
- For the macarons, place egg whites in a large mixer bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, sift together 2 2/3 cups powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in almonds; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture forms soft peaks (tips curl). Add granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; beat on high speed until mixture forms stiff peaks (tips stand straight). Fold the almond mixture into the whites until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4 inch plain round tip. Pipe 1 or 1 1/2 inch rounds about 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. As you release, sweep pastry tip to sides of rounds rather than forming peaks. Tap bottom of sheet on work surface to release trapped air. Let stand for 15 minutes. Place one cookie sheet in oven. Bake for 12 minutes or until crisp and firm, rotating cookie sheet halfway through baking. Cool cookies, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- For raspberry cream, place 1 1/2 cups of the raspberries in a food processor. Cover and process until raspberries are pureed. Strain through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese; add raspberry puree and beat until smooth. In another bowl, beat 3/4 cup of the whipping cream and 1/3 cup powdered sugar to soft peaks. Fold in raspberry - cream cheese mixture until well combined. Cover and chill until needed.
- For chocolate ganache, in a small saucepan, heat 1/4 whipping cream until simmering. Add chocolate chips and whisk mixture until smooth.
- To assemble macarons, pipe or spread raspberry filling between two macarons. Spoon small amount of chocolate ganache on top and add a raspberry. If desired, dust with additional powdered sugar. Makes about 3 dozen (36) sandwiches.