Parker’s Famous French Toast Casserole
Submitted by: Parker Hall
|8 cups||French bread, cubed|
|1/2 cups||English toffee bits or almond brickle chips or butterscotch|
|1 3/4 cups||milk|
|3/4 cups||brown sugar, packed|
|1 package||cream cheese, softened|
|2||tart apples, medium|
- Place ½ of the bread and all of the apples in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix cream cheese with ½ of milk and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in chips. Spread over apples and bread.
- Add the rest of the bread. Mix eggs, the rest of the milk, and vanilla and pour over the bread and refrigerate.
- Take out of the refrigerator half an hour before baking.
- Bake at 350˚F for 35 – 45 minutes.