Overnight French Toast
Serving Size: 12
|1 loaf||Sourdough bread, torn into 1’ pieces|
|2 1/2 cups||Milk|
|1/2 cup||Granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tablespoons||Vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon||Ground ginger|
|1/4 teaspoon||Ground nutmeg|
|3 cups||Fresh berries such as strawberry, blueberries, raspberries|
|1 tablespoons||Confectioners sugar, to serve|
|as desired||Maple syrup|
- Prepare a 9”x13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place bread pieces or cubes in the prepared dish in an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, milk, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Whisk to combine, then pour over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap from dish and bake 45-60 minutes, until desired texture.
- Top with fresh berries, sprinkled confectioners’ sugar and maple syrup, if desired.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers up to 3 day