Orange Mincemeat Crepes with Cream Sauce
|1/2 cups||skim milk|
|27 ounces||prepared mincemeat pie filling made with apples and raisins|
|2 teaspoons||grated orange rind|
|3/4 cups||all-purpose flour|
|3 tablespoons||butter, melted|
|1 cups||skim milk|
|1/2 cups||orange juice|
- Combine all ingredients in blender container. Blend about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of blender container with rubber spatula; continue blending until smooth, about 30 seconds. Heat a non-stick 10-inch skillet or omelet pan to a medium-high heat, just enough to sizzle a drop of water. For each crepe, pour 1/4 cup of batter in pan, rotating pan as batter is poured. Cook until lightly browned on bottom. Remove from pan or if desired, turn and brown other side. Crepes to be filled need only to be browned on one side. Place filling on the side of the crepe that is not browned.
- Filling: 1 (27-ounce) jar prepared mincemeat pie filling made with apples and raisins
- Spoon about ¼ cup mincemeat down the center of each crepe. Roll crepe or fold two opposite sides of crepe over filling. Arrange two crepes on each serving plate. Spoon some of the Orange Cream Sauce (see below) over each serving.
- Cream Sauce - 2 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
½ cup skim milk
½ cup orange juice
- Beat egg yolks with sugar and cornstarch in a large glass bowl. Gradually stir in milk and orange juice to blend.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Remove and stir sauce. Cover and microwave on HIGH again for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking, until thickened to desired consistency. Yield: 1 ½ cups sauce