Mini Maple Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 10
Nutritional Information: per serving: 325 cal., 27 g fat (16 g sat. fat), 20 g carbo., 193 mg chol., 3 g pro., 0 g fiber, 30 mg sodium. Daily RDA values: 20% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 6% calcium, 2% iron.
|nonstick cooking spray|
|2 1/2 cups||whipping cream|
|1/3 cups||semisweet chocolate pieces|
|6 tablespoons||sugar, divided|
|1/3 cups||pure maple syrup|
|1 1/2 teaspoons||vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray ten 2-ounce brûlée cups with cooking spray. Place 8 cups in a 3-quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring ½ cup of the cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate pieces. Do not stir. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan combine remaining cream and 3 tablespoons of the sugar. Heat mixture over medium heat just until it begins to bubbly, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg yolks, maple syrup and vanilla. Slowly whisk in hot cream mixture. Add about 1 tablespoon chocolate ganache to each brûlée cup. Spoon custard mixture over top, filling cup two-thirds full.
- Place baking dish on oven rack. Pour enough boiling water in baking dish to reach halfway up the sides of brûlée cups. Bake for 30 minutes or until custards are set. Bake remaining custards as directed. Remove cups from water bath and cool. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle remaining sugar on each custard. Using a culinary torch, caramelize the sugar according to manufacturer’s directions. Watch carefully not to burn the sugar.