Mini Holiday Bundt Cakelets
Serving Size: 6
|3/4 cup||unsalted butter, softened|
|1 1/2 cup||granulated sugar|
|1 1/2 cups||cake flour|
|1 teaspoon||baking soda|
|1/2 cup||sour cream|
|2 teaspoon||vanilla extract, divided|
|1 cup||confectioners' sugar, sifted|
|2-3 tablespoons||milk, divided|
|as desired||green, red or other desired colors|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 6 mini Bundt pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar, until fluffy and pale in color. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together cake flour, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture. Beat until just combined. Add sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, beat until combined.
- Divide batter into 3 bowls. Add food coloring to 2 of the bowls, mixing until desired colors are achieved. Place each bowl of batter into separate piping bags.
- Pipe about 2 tablespoons of each color into the prepared Bundt pans in a desired pattern. Fill until pans are about 2/3 full.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean. Allow to cool about 15 minutes, then invert pan onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, add confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir until smooth and add remaining 1 tablespoon milk to attain desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over each cake and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.