Mexican Egg Stacks
Submitted by: Karisa Cheddie - Adult Second Place
Serving Size: 4/6
|1 1/2 cups||cheddar cheese, shredded, divided|
|1 1/2 cups||salsa|
|11 ounces||Mexican style corn, drained|
|3||10" flour tortillas|
|4.5 ounces||green chilies, chopped, drained|
|8 ounces||cream cheese|
|1 teaspoons||garlic, minced|
|cilantro sprigs (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, water, and minced garlic. Spray a 10-inch non-stick skillet lightly with no stick cooking spray. Pour in egg mixture; cover and cook on medium-low heat until eggs are almost set, about 7 to 9 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese and green chilies. Set aside.
- Place tortilla in bottom of lightly greased 9 or 10-inch spring form pan or on a cookie sheet. Spread with ½ of cream cheese mixture and the can of corn. Spread ½ cup salsa over. Top with another tortilla, the remaining cream cheese mixture, the cooked eggs, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and ½ cup of the salsa. Top with the remaining tortilla.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining salsa and cheddar cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and stacks are warm throughout.
- Remove rim of pan and cut into wedges and serve. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.