Mango/Lime French Toast
|1/2 cups||butter, melted|
|16 slices||whole wheat or white bread|
|2 teaspoons||lime peel, grated|
|1 cups||mango juice|
Makes 16 slices
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In small bowl, combine butter, honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well.
- Pour mixture evenly into 2 ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pans.
- In medium bowl, slightly beat eggs. Add milk, mango juice, sugar, lime peel, salt and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; mix well.
- Dip bread in egg mixture. Place on top of butter mixture in pans. Pour any remaining egg mixture over bread.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes and turn slices over. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Arrange on serving platter with mango and lime slices.
- At this point, bread could be covered and refrigerated overnight.
- Uncover and bake as directed.