Layered Brunch Casserole
Serving Size: 8
Nutritional Information: 277 calories; 12g fat; 6g saturated fat; 218mg cholesterol; 749mg sodium; 22g carbohydrates; <1g fiber; 19g protein
|as desired||Cooking spray|
|2 1/2 cups||Frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed|
|6 slices||Swiss cheese|
|1 1/2 cups||Chopped lean ham (8 ounces)|
|6 slices||American cheese|
|1 1/2 cups||Nonfat milk|
|1 tablespoons||Dijon mustard|
|1 tablespoons||Dried minced onions|
|1 1/2 cups||Corn flakes (crushed)|
|1/4 cup||Butter, melted, (optional)|
- SPRAY a 3-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside.
- LAYER half of the potatoes, Swiss cheese, ham and American cheese in prepared casserole. REPEAT layers.
- BLEND remaining ingredients except corn flakes and butter, until combined. POUR over ingredients in casserole. REFRIGERATE, covered, several hours or overnight.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover casserole and sprinkle with corn flakes. DRIZZLE with melted butter, if desired.
- BAKE casserole 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- If using a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, make only one layer of ingredients. Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- This is a great dish when having overnight guests, since it can be prepared the day before.
- Serve with fruit for a festive breakfast or brunch.