Katie’s Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Submitted by: Katie Dean
|1/2 cups||long-grain rice, uncooked|
|15 ounces||evaporated milk|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sauce pan, cook the rice in ½ cup water. Boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside. In medium bowl, beat 4 eggs and 2 egg yolks.
- In the same bowl, add sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Add 1 can evaporated milk to egg mixture.
- Divide the rice equally into 6 custard cups. Pour egg mixture over the rice.
- Set custard cups in a 9 x 13 pan; add water to the pan about half way up the cups.
- Bake for 50 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. After baking let the pudding rest for 2 minutes. The pudding will have a golden brown top.