Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Submitted by: AMERICAN EGG BOARD CULINARY LIBRARY
Serving Size: 30
Nutritional Information: Nutrition information per serving (2 mini muffins): 107 calories; 5g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g polyunsaturated fat; 1g monounsaturated fat;31mg cholesterol; 269mg sodium; 12g carbohydrate; 1g dietary fiber; 4g protein; 199.0 IU Vitamin A; 7.1 IU Vitamin D; 29.5mcg folate; 106.0mg calcium; 1mg iron; 18.0mg choline. This recipe is a good source of calcium.
|Vegetable cooking spray|
|4 ounces||diced green chilies|
|2 cups||shredded sharp Cheddar cheese|
|1 cup||self-rising flour|
|2 cups||self-rising yellow corn meal mix|
|1 cup||chopped onion|
|15 ounces||cream style corn|
|3||large eggs, beaten|
|2 tablespoons||seeded chopped fresh jalapeno pepper|
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. SPRAY mini muffin tins with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- COMBINE eggs and corn in large bowl.
- MICROWAVE butter and onion in small microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. STIR into egg mixture.
- ADD milk, corn meal, flour, cheese, chilies and jalapeno pepper; stir until well blended.
- FILL prepared muffin tins to the top.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. LET stand 5 minutes before removing from pans. Continue BAKING remaining batter.
- SERVE warm.