Huevos Rancheros Sanos
Submitted by: Katie Joiner
Serving Size: 4
Nutritional Information: 380 calories, 17 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 210 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, 21 g protein
|1 1/2 cups||Spinach (very thinly sliced)|
|2 tablespoons||Fresh cilantro, chopped|
|3 teaspoons||Canola oil, divided|
|2 teaspoons||Lime juice|
|1/4 teaspoons||Salt, divided|
|1/4 teaspoons||Freshly ground pepper, divided|
|1 can||15 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed|
|1/2 cup||Prepared salsa|
|8||6 inch corn tortillas|
|Canola cooking spray|
|3/4 cups||Shredded white cheddar cheese|
- Combine spinach, scallion, cilantro, 1 teaspoon oil, lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine beans and salsa in another bowl.
- Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place tortillas on a large baking sheet in 4 sets overlapping pairs. (Each pair should overlap by about 3 inches). Spread about 1/3 Cup of bean mixture on top of each pair of tortillas and sprinkle with 3 Tablespoons cheese.
- Bake until beans are hot and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack each egg into skillet being careful not to break the yolks. Season the eggs with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook undisturbed for 5-7 minutes for soft-set yolks. (Top of yolks should have a white appearance. For hard-set yolks, continue cooking until the yolks are cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes more).
- To assemble, place an egg on top of each pair of tortillas and top with a generous 1/4 Cup of the spinach mixture.