Holiday Crinkle Cookies
Serving Size: 12
|1 cup||granulated sugar|
|6 tablespoons||unsalted butter, softened|
|1 teaspoon||vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup||unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon||baking powder|
|1/4 cup||nonpareils, in desired colors|
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Sift in cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl and stir until just combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place nonpareils in a shallow bowl. Use a 1½” cookie scoop to form dough into balls. Roll balls in nonpareils and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes, then allow to cool on the cookie sheet slightly before moving to a cooling rack.
- Serve and store leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- All ingredients in base recipe will be used in addition to 1 tsp. of red food coloring and ½ cup of confectioners’ sugar. Instructions are the same except for the following:
- Add 1 tsp. of red food coloring after the vanilla in step #1.
- Add ½ cup confectioners’ sugar in a shallow bowl (in place of nonpareils) and roll cookie dough balls in confectioners’ sugar before placing on prepared cookie sheet in step #4.