Holiday Breakfast Braid
|3 1/2 cups||flour|
|2 cups||turkey or pork sausage, browned|
|1 cups||warm water|
|1 tablespoons||butter, softened|
|1 teaspoons||Italian seasoning|
|1/2 teaspoons||minced onion|
|2/3 cups||mozzarella cheese, shredded|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare the bread recipe*.
- Layer the first 7 ingredients in a food processor and pour in 1 cup warm water (110 degrees).
- Knead dough with food processor for several minutes. Add a small amount of flour, if needed, until dough forms a nice ball. Place on a floured board.
- Next, brown the sausage. Then, beat the eggs and milk together and scramble in a non-stick pan until firm.
- Roll bread out into a 10 x 16 inch rectangle. Place scrambled eggs down the center of the dough. Top with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, and then top with sausage.
- Using a pizza wheel, cut dough in from both sides at an angle about 1 inch apart. Next, braid the strips over the center ingredients to form a loaf. Bake for around 20 minutes or until it is a nice golden color. Slice and serve.
*You may substitute the bread with 2 loaves of frozen dough, thawed, or 2 tubes of refrigerated pizza dough.