Hash Brown-Crusted Quiche with Sausage
Serving Size: 8
|3 cups||Shredded hash browns (found in the refrigerator section at the market)|
|1/4 cup||Unsalted butter (melted)|
|to taste||Salt and pepper|
|1 1/2 cups||Seasoned italian ground pork sausage|
|1/4 cup||Heavy whipping cream|
|1 cup||Cheddar cheese (shredded)|
|1 cup||Monterey jack cheese (shredded)|
|2||Scallions (finely chopped)|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl gently toss the hash browns with the butter to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Press the hash browns into the bottom and up the sides of the plate to form a crust. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, sauté the ground sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the large bowl you used for the hash browns, whisk together the eggs, cream, cheeses, and scallions. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. Add in the cooked sausage crumbles. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture on top of the hash brown crust. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until set. Let cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve.