- MIX flour, 1 Tbsp. ginger, 2 tsp. cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves in large bowl.
- BEAT 2 cups sugar and butter in mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. ADD eggs and molasses; beat on low speed until blended. Gradually ADD flour mixture, beating until blended.
- REFRIGERATE, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. MIX spiced sugar ingredients in small bowl. Work with 1/3 of the dough at a time, keeping remaining dough refrigerated. SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; roll in spiced sugar mixture. PLACE 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE in 350°F oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. COOL on baking sheets 5 minutes. REMOVE to wire racks; cool completely.
Mmm…smells like Christmas! Made with warm spices – ginger, cinnamon, cloves – these cookies are perfect for the cold winter months!
These delicious cookies are rolled in spiced sugar before baking for extra flavor.
Chilled dough is easier to handle and holds its shape better.