Submitted by: Howard Helmer
Serving Size: 10
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 266 cal., 13 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 144 mg chol., 673 mg sodium, 25 g carb., 2 g fiber, 15 g pro.
|1/4 cups||mayonnaise or salad dressing|
|to taste||lettuce leaves|
|1 cups||cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese, shredded|
|2 cups||desired filling (chopped cooked ham or other meat and/or chopped red onion, bell peppers, or baby spinach leaves)|
|1 1/2 tablespoons||butter, divided|
|1/8 teaspoons||ground black pepper|
|to taste||sliced tomatoes|
- Combine mayonnaise and salsa. Spread onto slider buns. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In an 8-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat until melted. Lightly sauté filling mixture for 3 minutes. Remove from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- In same skillet over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter. Add 2 tablespoons filling mixture and 2 tablespoons egg mixture to skillet. Using a silicone spatula, gently move egg mixture from the edge to the center of skillet. Continue cooking, tilting the skillet as needed to form a frittata. Lightly sprinkle some of the cheese over frittata.
- Using a spatula, fold frittata in half. Fold frittata again to form a quarter fold. Remove the frittata with spatula and place on prepared buns lined with lettuce and tomatoes.