|1 tablespoons||olive oil|
|1 tablespoons||dried leaf oregano|
|1 tablespoons||cayenne pepper|
|1 tablespoons||onion powder|
|1 tablespoons||black pepper|
|2 tablespoons||garlic powder|
|1 teaspoons||freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 cups||heavy cream|
|1/2 cups||feta or blue cheese|
|10 ounces||frozen spinach|
|1 tablespoons||minced fresh sage|
|1 tablespoons||minced garlic|
|2 cups||wild mushrooms, sliced|
|2 cups||smoked sausage,chopped|
|1 tablespoons||dried thyme|
- Heat in a 10-inch Nonstick, Ovenproof Skillet:
1 T. olive oil
- Sauté in Oil:
2 cups chopped smoked sausage
- Add and Sauté:
2 cups sliced wild mushrooms
- Stir in; Sauté:
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. minced fresh sage
- Top with:
1 10-oz. pkg. frozen spinach, thawed
½ cup feta or blue cheese, optional
- Combine in a Blender:
½ cup heavy cream
1 t. freshly ground black pepper
1 t. Creole seasoning (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Thaw and drain spinach.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet.
- Sauté sausage in oil until it begins to brown, about 3 min.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until golden, about 3 more min.
- Stir in garlic and sage; cook another 30 seconds. Allow to cool slightly.
- Top sausage and mushrooms with spinach and cheese.
- Combine eggs with heavy cream, pepper, and Creole seasoning in blender and briefly blend ingredients
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook, undisturbed, until the sides and bottom are set but the center is still loose, about 4 minutes. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until eggs are set and knife inserted comes out clean.
- Creole Seasoning : Mix 2 T. each: paprika, salt, and garlic powder with 1 T. each: black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried leaf oregano, and dried thyme.