English Mustard Salad
Submitted by: Christian Hines
Serving Size: 6
Nutritional Information: 329 calories, 13g fat, 4g saturated fat, 189mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 12g protein
|3||hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced|
|1 cups||evaporated milk, divided|
|2 tablespoons||dry English mustard|
|2||eggs, well beaten|
|1/3 cups||golden raisins|
|1/3 cups||salted peanuts|
|3||red apples, washed, diced, and dipped in orange juice|
|1 head||romaine lettuce, washed and chopped|
- Arrange salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
- Drizzle salad with half of the warm mustard dressing.
- Serve extra dressing on the side.
FOR THE DRESSING:
- Place beaten eggs in heavy saucepan. Add dry mustard, sugar and salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of evaporated milk and vinegar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture has thickened or just until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat; whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of milk.
- Serve warm over salad.