Eggs French Quarter
Submitted by: Norita Solt
|2||English muffins, split, toasted|
|1/3 cups||light mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip or salad dressing)|
|2 ounces||pimento peppers, diced, undrained|
|2 tablespoons||butter, melted|
|1/4 teaspoons||seasoned salt|
|1/4 teaspoons||dried thyme|
|2 teaspoons||garlic powder|
|2 teaspoons||onion powder|
|2 teaspoons||Cajun seasoning|
|1/2 pounds||lean ground pork|
|4||green onion curls|
|1/4 teaspoons||Cajun seasoning|
|2 tablespoons||green onions, thinly sliced|
- Lay a muffin half on each serving plate and top with a sausage patty.
- Place a poached egg (bottom up) on sausage and spoon Creole sauce over top.
- Dust plate with Cajun seasoning and garnish with green onion curl.
Spicy Cajun sausage
- ½ lb. lean ground pork
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (any brand)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, blending well.
- Spray a medium (10") skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Form mixture into four, thin patties and cook over medium heat, turning, until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 5-6 minutes).
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
Creamy Creole Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 oz jar diced pimento peppers, undrained
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip or salad dressing)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Combine all ingredients in a small microwave-safe cup or bowl, mixing well.
- Heat in microwave on high for one minute. Stir well.