Eggs Au Gratin
Submitted by: Kelsey Storey
Serving Size: 8
|1/3 cups||dry breadcrumbs|
|1 cups||raw chopped vegetables (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green pepper, or your favorites)|
|1 cups||cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/2 teaspoons||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 cubes||chicken bouillon cubes|
|1/3 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cups||Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat ¼ cup butter in saucepan until melted. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly, remove from heat.
- Stir in water, milk, and bouillon cubes. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce and cheddar cheese until cheese is melted.
- Cut peeled eggs lengthwise into halves. Arrange eggs in ungreased oblong baking dish (13 ½ x 9 x 2 inches). Sprinkle in vegetables. Pour cheese sauce over vegetables and eggs. Toss breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons butter and the Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over top.
- Bake uncovered in oven until mixture bubbles and crumbs are brown, 20 – 25 minutes. Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve over Texas Toast if desired.