Egg Veggie Spring Roll
Serving Size: 4
|2 tablespoons||Sesame oil|
|1/2 cup||Bean sprouts, rinsed and drained|
|2||Green onions (sliced)|
|4 sheets||Rice paper|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoons||Sesame oil|
|Optional as desired||Red chili flakes|
|slice of green onion|
- Prep your vegetable, keeping them separate. Julienne the carrots; slice the green onions in 1/4 inch slices, and chop the spinach. Beat the eggs and salt until frothy. Set aside.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Turn off heat. Set on the back of the stove.
- Heat a thin layer of sesame oil (about a tablespoon) in a large frying pan. Fry the green onions and bean sprouts until they are tender.**
- Spread the onions and sprouts out so they are even on the bottom of the pan. Pour the eggs over and swirl the pan a bit so the vegetables are evenly coated. Cook until the egg begins to firm near the edges. Quarter the egg patty, for easier flipping, and flip the quarters to cook the other side, about two minutes. Set aside.
- Heat a thin layer of sesame oil (about a tablespoon) in a large frying pan. Saute the spinach until wilted. Set aside.
- Pour the still hot water from your pot into the still hot pan. Take a sheet of rice paper and submerge it fully into the hot water. Be careful, but work quickly to get the soggy piece of paper spread out on a flat surface before it collapses and sticks to itself.
- Place an egg quarter in the center of the rice paper, a quarter of the wilted spinach in a line on top of that, and a quarter of the carrots parallel or in the same direction of the line of spinach. Fold in the top and the bottom of the paper to the line of filling, and roll the fillings up tightly with the rice paper (thing egg roll or burrito).
- Serve warm, or cold with the dipping sauce.
**other vegetable suggestions to add the egg are: chopped cabbage, zucchini, meat, mushrooms, etc.