Egg and Seafood Dip
Submitted by: Joyce Larson
Serving Size: 12
Nutritional Information: 193 calories, 14g fat, 7g saturated fat, 276mg cholesterol, 572mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 14g protein
|12||eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/8 teaspoons||seafood seasoning|
|1/4 teaspoons||black pepper|
|1 1/2 teaspoons||salt|
|2 tablespoons||green onions, chopped|
|3/4 cups||half & half|
|3 tablespoons||dry white wine|
|7 ounces||King crab meat, flaked and drained|
|7 ounces||frozen shrimp, thawed and drained|
|to taste||Tabasco sauce (optional)|
- Place seafood in a glass bowl; add wine and cover. Let chill for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter and blend with flour in large skillet; cook until smooth. Slowly add half and half; cook until mixture starts to thicken, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in onions and drained seafood. In a second skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of butter; add lightly beaten eggs.
- Add spices and optional Tabasco sauce. Gently cook eggs; as they begin to set, gradually add seafood mixture.
- Cook until thick and creamy. Serve with toast or crackers.