Cheese ‘N Honey Toast
Serving Size: 4
|16 slices||French bread (1/2 inch slices)|
|4 ounces||cream cheese, reduced fat|
|1/2 cups||fat free half & half|
|1/4 cups||pecans, chopped, toasted|
- Spread 8 slices of bread with cream cheese. Top each slice with another French bread slice.
- Place 8 cream cheese sandwiches in an 8 X 8-inch casserole dish.
- Combine honey, eggs, half and half and cinnamon in a bowl and using a whisk beat to combine.
- Pour batter mixture over sandwiches. Turn sandwiches in batter. Refrigerate overnight or several hours, turning sandwiches several times to absorb batter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt one tablespoon of butter.
- Remove sandwiches from batter, place sandwiches in skillet and brown both sides. If necessary turn sandwiches again to make sure batter is cooked and sandwiches are crisp. Repeat cooking process using additional butter to brown other sandwiches.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and serve with honey. *May also serve topped with banana slices.
**May also bake sandwiches in oven. In a separate 8 X 8-inch casserole dish melt 2 tablespoons of butter in casserole dish in oven. Remove sandwiches from batter and place in melted butter in casserole dish; bake at 400 F for 20 minutes and then under broiler for 1-2 minutes (watch carefully).